Welcome to PMI Mile High! We appreciate your choice to apply for housing with us. To ensure a transparent and efficient experience, we want you to fully understand our application policies and procedures. Please read this document carefully before signing. Our management company is committed to providing you with comprehensive information for a successful application. Application and Convenience Fees are non-refundable. The cost of the application fee is $50 and is based on the average expenses PMI Mile High incurs - Per CO HB19-1106. A Lease Initiation Fee of $100 will be charged on all new Lease Agreements.
If you have any questions, please contact our leasing department at email@example.com or 303-750-7070 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm).
PMI Mile High fully complies with Fair Housing Law. We do not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or age. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws. We are an Equal Opportunity Housing Company and a member of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®) & National Association of REALTORS®. Our staff members adhere to a strict Code of Ethics, and to the Federal Fair Housing Law. PMI Mile High accepts all housing subsidy assistance.
General Rental Criteria
Application decisions are based on several factors including, but not limited to:
- Identification Verification through Plaid
- Credit History & Verification
- Rental History & Verification
- Income History & Verification through Plaid
- Employment History & Verification
- Criminal Background History
- Pet Criteria & Petscreening.com Verification
A COMPLETED application will contain:
- PMI Mile High Residential Lease Application; (One for each individual 18 years and older)
- $50 (Non-Refundable) Application fee for each PMI Mile High Residential Lease Application submitted
- Valid Driver's License or other Government issued ID for each Residential Lease Application submitted.
- Verifiable Proof of Income:
- In the form of 2 consecutive months of your most recent pay stubs, previous year's tax return, or a current job offer letter; applicable to employed.
- Last 2 Months of Bank Statements and previous year's tax returns; applicable to business owners only
- Completed Pet Screening Profile or Pet Screening Pet Policy Acknowledgement (Required by all Applicants with or without pets) from the following link: https://pmimilehigh.petscreening.com
We ask that you upload color copies of each item listed above to your application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
History Good Rental History: No Forcible Entry & Detainer or Evictions unless you have verifiable documentation of landlord irresponsibility.
Verifiable Gross Income: Minimum of 2x the rent charged on the residence. Section 8 vouchers and certificates may be accepted. The resident must meet the same criteria as those seeking non-subsidized housing. In order to verify applicant income, PMI Mile High relies on a third-party verification service called Plaid. All applicants will start the verification process within this application. Application submittals are not considered complete until an automated income verification report from Plaid has been received by the person processing your application.
Criminal Background Check: Residency may be denied due to criminal history.
Credit History: Credit history must show that the resident has paid bills on time and does not have a history of debt write-offs or accounts that have gone into collection. Residency may be denied due to poor credit history. Contingent on credit, a specific deposit amount will be required. Credit for all applicants over the age of 18 will be taken into consideration. You may also consider adding a guarantor (required to make 4 times the rent amount and have a 700+ credit scores) if available to increase overall credit score.
- Credit Score below 560 will be declined.
- Credit Score 560-599: 2.0 times Security Deposit will be required.
- Credit Score 600-624: 1.5 times Security Deposit will be required.
- Credit Score 625-649: 1.25 times Security Deposit will be required.
- Credit Score 650 or above: No additional Security Deposit will be required.
Example: Applicant 1 Credit Score = 560 + Co-signer 1 Credit Score = 740, Average Credit Score = 650 (No additional deposit needed)
Maximum Occupancy: Two individuals per bedroom plus one additional person.
Roommates: Non-related adults will be considered roommates. Related adults refers to immediate family members only; spouse, parents, and siblings. There will be an additional Security Deposit equivalent to 1.5 times the standard Security Deposit for 3 roommates. We do not allow more than three unrelated adults in a rental home.
Resident Benefits Package (RBP): Applicant agrees to be enrolled, and to pay the applicable cost of $29.95 monthly, payable with rent. The RBP may include, subject to property mechanicals or other limitations: HVAC air filter delivery/installation service, Credit Reporting, 24/7 online maintenance reporting, and Tenants Online portal.
Resident Liability Insurance: As a condition of our lease, and during its duration, residents are required to carry liability insurance with a minimum of $100,000 in coverage for damages caused to the property resulting from the Lessee’s action or inaction. To satisfy this lease minimum insurance requirement, Lessee must:
- Purchase Renters Insurance
- Pay monthly premium for Lessor’s Legal Liability Insurance Policy (“LLIP”) at a cost of $12.95/month.
Property Condition: Applicant is strongly encouraged to view the Property prior to signing any lease agreement. Landlord makes no express or implied warranties as to the Property's condition. By filling out an application for the property in question, applicant accepts property in AS IS condition.
Sight Unseen Addendum: If applicant has not physically seen the property prior to a lease being signed, a “Sight Unseen Addendum” will be required to be signed by all lease holders.
Smoking and Marijuana Use: No tobacco or marijuana smoking is allowed inside of ANY of our rental homes.
- Registered sex offender: this is an automatic denial.
- Some Felony convictions may result in a denial.
- History of a Forcible Entry & Detainer or Evictions within the past 7 years; this is an automatic denial.
- Open collection from a landlord or property management company, this is an automatic denial.
- If ANY information is found to be false, the application will be automatically denied.
Lease Start Date Requirement: When applying for a property, tenants agree to begin a lease within 14 days of application approval. If the property is not available within 14 days, then the lease will commence on the date the property is first available.
Pet Policy: Please confirm the pet policy on the property you are applying for. All our properties differ regarding type of pets, weight restrictions, and/or number of pets allowed. If a property allows pets, a maximum of 2 pets will be approved. Breed and age restrictions will apply. To initiate this process, kindly visit https://pmimilehigh.petscreening.com. Here, you can provide the necessary information for your pet's screening and approval. Third party application fees may apply and are nonrefundable. Pet fee is based on full grown expected weight.
Domestic Dogs & Cats - Fees
Pet Initiation Fee - Non-refundable $100
Pet Deposit - Refundable $150 per animal
Monthly Pet Fee per Pet:
- 1 lbs.-75 lbs. = $40
- 76 lbs.-125 lbs. = $50
- More than 126 lbs. = $60
Caged Animals Birds, Reptiles, Fish and/or Rodents Fees:
Available upon request
Breeds that are NOT accepted are as follows: Akita, Shar-pei, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Stafford Terrier, Pitbull, Rottweiler, Alaskan Malamutes, and any Wolf/Dog hybrids, any dog known to have vicious tendencies or known to have previously bitten someone, and/or any dog/cat under the age of one year is not permitted. Dog breeds other than those listed above, and cats are considered on a case by-case basis. Ferrets are not permitted. All pet reptiles, amphibians, rodents, and birds must be caged. Agent will make the final determination as to the breed or classification of any animal in Landlord’s sole and absolute discretion. Regardless of prior consent, PMI Mile High reserves the right to have any pet removed from the property if it is determined that the pet poses a threat to the safety or condition of the property, people in the property or the community.
Privacy Notice: You have chosen to do business with PMI Mile High and we are obligated to honor the relationship with great care, beginning with the confidential information that may come into our possession during the course of your transaction with us. We believe that your privacy should not be compromised and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of that information. Rest assured that we are respecting your privacy and safeguarding your “nonpublic personal information”. Nonpublic personal information is information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or governmental records. We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transaction with non-affiliated third parties
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
Portable Applications, Per 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes: Portable Tenant Screening Reports (PTSR):
- Applicant has the right to provide PMI Mile High with a PTSR that is not more than 30 days old, as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes; and
- If Applicant provides PMI Mile High with a PTSR, PMI Mile High is prohibited from:
- a) charging Applicant, a rental application fee; or
- b) charging Applicant, a fee for Insert Community or Management Company Name to access or use the PTSR.
- If Applicant provides PMI Mile High with a PTSR:
- a) the PTSR must be available to PMI Mile High by a consumer reporting agency/third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports;
- b) the PTSR must comply with all state and federal laws pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in a consumer report by a consumer reporting agency; and
- c) Applicant certifies that there has not been a material change in the information in the PTSR, including the Applicant’s name, address, bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history, since the PTSR was generated.
Submitted Application Processing:
It is the policy of this management company that applications must be complete (completed application, verified identity, verified income and Pet screening acknowledgement/approval from all applicants), and all fees paid prior to submission for consideration. All completed applications are processed on a daily basis (Generally Mon-Fri, excluding Holidays). All approved applications for the same property may be submitted for final decision. An incomplete application will delay the process and may result in another applicant being approved while waiting for additional information/documentation. In cases where we receive more than one application on a property, we will process ALL COMPLETED applications and approve the overall best qualified applicant based on a 3rd party scoring. If an application is approved but not selected, we do hold applications open for 30 days. Applicants may apply their pre-approved application towards any of our other properties within those 30 days WITHOUT having to pay an application fee again. PMI reserves the right to make a selection at any point. Once we receive a completed application, we expect to have it fully processed and notify applicant of the results generally within 3 business days of receipt. Applicant(s) may be notified by phone, email, or both regarding the status of the application.
Approved Applications Process:
Once an application is approved, a lease agreement will be drafted up and sent via DocuSign. Applicant(s) will have 24 hours to review and sign the Lease Agreement from the time the Lease is sent. PMI Mile High reserves the right to process the next application received or consider any other approved applications if the Lease is not signed by all parties within 24 hours. The "Deposit" (Holding Fee/1st Months’ Rent, Security Deposit/Pet Deposit(s) and all Applicable Fees) is required to be paid in full by certified funds by the following business day to secure the property. If the Deposit is not collected within the allotted time, PMI Mile High reserves the right to process the next application received or consider any other approved applications.
All Vacant/Ready Now homes are required to start a lease within 14 days of the application approval being shared.
By submitting an application, applicant(s) declare all information provided is true and accurate. Applicant(s) agree that the Landlord may terminate any agreement entered in reliance on any false information provided. Permission is hereby granted to Landlord to obtain a credit report and criminal report. Permission is also granted to the Landlord and credit bureau to verify any information obtained from any source named herein. Applicant(s) hereby authorize any present or former landlord(s) to provide any information they may have regarding applicant(s) in their capacity as landlord. Furthermore, applicant(s) hereby release said landlords, landlords’ company, or representatives from any, and all liability for any damage whatsoever caused for issuing said information.